Common types of gambling
Compulsive gambling and gambling addiction are on the rise. There are many reasons for this but we are now experiencing a growing demand for gambling rehab programmes here at The Providence Projects.
Gambling addictions can come in all shapes and sizes but the most common gambling addictions we see are:
- FOBT machines – These are the machines in bookmakers on which most people play roulette, often referred to as the ‘crack cocaine’ of gambling
- Card gambling – Mainly poker which is the most popular game which is played on-line, in casinos and in clubs. Most people play on line
- Sports betting – Usually football, horse racing, greyhound or virtual racing. Bets for this are either place on line or in betting shops
- Shares or Trading – Gambling on either exchange rates or share indexes often in the form of spread betting. Stakes here can be very high
- Bingo – There has been a rise in the number of people compulsively playing bingo on line. These websites are general virtual amusement arcades
- Lottery / Scratchcards – Although most people play the lottery quite innocently, there are those who develop compulsive behaviour spending £100’s every week on either lotter tickets or scratchcards.
Gambling Rehab Programme
Compulsive gambling generally results in the breakdown of family units, dishonesty, deceit and mistrust. The gambler will often present well to the outside world but is often falling apart on the inside.
There is a solution!
The Providence Projects offer a range of gambling rehab programmes to address and resolve these issues. Having successfully delivered these programmes for over 20 years, we are highly skilled and experienced giving you an excellent chance of long term recovery.
To find out more, please look at our primary treatment, secondary treatment and aftercare options or to find out more about the help that is immediately available, please call us today and speak to an addictions specialist who can advise you on the best course of action.
Get Help Now